Friday, July 9, 2010

July 4 parade

Some of you reading this blog might wonder why I've not posted about the terrible accident involving the horses and carriage at the July 4 parade. One person was killed and dozens injured.
I wasn't there so I can't write about it first hand. However, we'll be headed to Bellevue for a week in August. I think I'll be able to write about the event much better with perspective and context. I'll be able to report a bit on how people are faring a month later, and how the fundraising efforts to help the victims are progressing. I'll write about those things a bit on this blog, and also on the Daily Yonder. Bellevue, I'll see you around August 10-15. As soon as I know the dates for sure I'll get ahold of some of my wonderful Bellevue friends and neighbors and hope to meet you in person this time!

1 comment:

  1. Look me up when you're in town! The newspaper office is right on Second Street, and it'd be great to meet you in person. There's an art festival, etc., that weekend, so it should be a fun time to wander around and meet people, when you're not busy with the things you have to do.

    ReplyDelete