Saturday, January 16, 2010

Walking the Paperwork Road

I've been away from the blog for a few weeks. Instead I've had my nose pressed to a variety of Good Faith Estimates of Closing, Something Something Disclosures, insurance costs, appraisals, and probably several other boring and tedious things I'm forgetting about. But it is all necessary, I know. We've set up a closing date of February 2. We're closing from Laramie through the mail and the ether - bring lawyers, guns and money, as they say. I'd love to get back to Bellevue for this and see if the bald eagles are still there. But, now that I'm back to the full press of spring semester I really can't go anywhere.
It is a little weird to close this way. There won't be the immediate post-closing gratification moment of getting the keys and walking through the new house. Of course, there are renters happily established in both apartments so even if we were in Bellevue to close it would be a different sort of walk-through. Yay, thank you renters, we hope you are very happy in the house. Don't go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment